Do you recognize the significance lighting plays in a commercial environment? Are you driven to succeed where you can be innovative and creative? Intelligent Lighting Controls experts weave lighting control knowledge with exceptional client service into dynamic success stories. Individuals who are committed to building relationships while demonstrating lighting control capabilities are encouraged to explore our career opportunities.
Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Manager position is responsible for driving profitable sales growth of lighting controls in an assigned geographic territory through the development and execution of regional sales plans. The successful candidate will work with manufacturers’ sales reps and controls engineers to close specifications in their assigned territory and will facilitate communication between the field and internal technical and administrative resources.
- Increase Intelligent Lighting Controls basis of design specifications.
- Deliver product presentations and build relationships with engineering firms, electrical contractors, electrical distributors, rep agencies and other accounts that directly influence buying decisions in your territory.
- Provide account management (conflict resolution, customer relations, etc)
- In collaboration with other Regional Sales Managers, develops sales objectives and forecasts for assigned accounts and territories.
- Builds relationships with external and internal customers within the functions of purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, product development, marketing, sales, and with the executive team.
- Ensure agency representatives have appropriate training.
- Attends local and national tradeshows, providing sales support and expertise with the ILC products.
- Facilitate design and support requests from customers to appropriate internal teams to maintain the highest standard of customer support.
- Performs other similar or related duties as required.
- Manage Independent Sales Rep network to assist in all above activities
- Independent and self-motivated
- Business Acumen
- Presentation Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, and coach sales representatives to success
- Must have extensive technical knowledge of the product, the geographic markets and channels we serve, as well as the electrical and or lighting industries
- Must have solid business acumen and ability to communicate with people in a variety of functional areas within the business
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment. Fosters open communication and supports an environment of innovation and creative change
- Excellent skills in project management with demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decisions, handle multiple priorities, and effectively delegate responsibilities to ensure high quality service is delivered on time and within budget
- Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus, extract necessary information, and validate understanding of the information
- 25%+ travel within territory, sometimes with little notice, with a target of at least two rep visits per month
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Bluebeam and AutoCAD experience required
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to Eason Huntley at email@example.com.