EPC-A-2 Emergency Power Control
In the past, emergency lights were kept on 24 hours a day to meet life safety codes. Now, you can use a UL 924 listed Emergency Power Control, Model EPC-A-2, to convert normal light ﬁxtures into approved emergency lights. The EPC-A-2 saves energy and money while ensuring compliance with both life safety and energy codes. During normal operation, the same switch, occupancy sensor, relay panel, or lighting control can switch normal and emergency ﬁxtures on and off simultaneously. During a utility power interruption, the EPC-A-2 automatically bypasses the normal lighting controls, turning the emergency lights ON, regardless of switch position. The EPC-A-2 boasts a universal mount design with ears; allowing the device to be nipple, fixture, panel or box mounted. This enables the EPC-A-2 to adapt to the application requirements.
- Sensing voltage: 120-240/277V
- Load voltage: 120-277V
- Ballast/Driver load: 16 Amp Electronic Ballast/LED Driver/General Use 5 Amp Magnetic Ballast
- Incandescent load: 1800W (120V) / 3000W (277V)
- Normally Closed Output Contact
- Mounting: Nipples on 1/2” KO
- Plenum rating: Plenum Rated. Tested to UL2043. UL94-5VA.
- Shipping weight: 4 oz.
- Color: Black
- Temperature: -40°C - 60°C (40°F - 140°F)
- Body size (without Hub/Ears): 2-1/2” x 1-5/8” x 1-3/8”
- Body size (with Hub/Ears): 3-5/8” x 1-5/8” x 1-3/8”